Provides handwriting assessment and individual tutoring sessions
- Tutoring sessions take place in my home/office located in Lynnwood, WA.Sessions last 45 minutes.
- A typical session includes review of homework completed if desired, a warm up fine motor activity, multi-sensory training of targeted letters, game or activity focusing on foundation skills and 5 minute parent consult related to homework.
- Tutoring sessions can be scheduled 1-2 weekly.
- Prepaid packages of over 5 sessions are discounted. A sibling discount is also offered
- Areas addressed in tutoring sessions may include prewriting skills, handwriting readiness, print, cursive training or remediation, pencil/crayon grip and functional writing tasks such as keyboarding/ journal writing
Assessment is provided by a trained occupational therapist/ handwriting specialist using "The Print Tool"TM or other tests/observations with a typewritten report and typed remediation plan.
Does not include the typewritten report but provides the initial handwriting samples and observations of writing to begin tutoring if a report is not desired. .
Parent /Teacher Education
If you are interested in a speaker to offer an interactive presentation on handwriting to your group please contact me. This is offered as a service to help parents or teachers learn ways to make handwriting fun and successful. Preschool handwriting/fine motor skill enrichment programs can also be scheduled.
Please e-mail at email@example.com for a fee schedule if interested in services. Fees are comparable to other types of specialized tutoring. The services are private pay (cash or check only) and insurance is not accepted. Although the instructor is an occupational therapist these services are promoted as handwriting tutoring and not occupational therapy.